What Do We Mean By “Advanced Hifz”?
- 5 Hours a Day of Exclusive Memorization Time
- Integrated Study of Islamic Sciences
- Complementary App for Hifz Monitoring
- Fully Accredited Online Academic Education
The Advanced Hifz course is dedicated to teaching students the memorization of the entire Holy Qur’an while simultaneously educating students on the essentials of Islam. Students that graduate will not only complete the memorization of the Qur’an, but they will also leave with knowledge in the following areas of Islamic sciences:
- Method of making Wudu’ and performing Salah
- Essential rulings pertaining to Wudu’ and Salah (e.g., Sajdat al-Sahw, laws of traveling, etc.)
- Rules of Tajwid
- Basic Islamic Theology (i.e., `Aqidah)
- Basic Islamic history (Prophets and Seerah)
- Basic Arabic: Introduction to the Language of the Qur’an
- Active Q & A Sessions and Halaqahs for Addressing Modern Challenges
Why is Our Method Unique?
At CJIIS, we believe in working together with the parents and making them a part of the learning process by providing them with detailed progress reports for each child. This includes a detailed daily, weekly, monthly and yearly report about the progress of the child’s Quran memorization and step-by-step updates about the achievements made by the child and difficulties they may be struggling with.
Alongside the Hifz program, students are also taught the essentials of their religion and the proper method of recitation (Tajwid) so they can become true Huffaz of the Qur’an who not only excel in reciting the Qur’an but also display close attachment with their Deen. At CJIIS, students are equipped with the knowledge to actively defend themselves in the face of modern challenges that have left the youth confused and at odds with their own religion.
At the core of our Advanced Hifz program is the active communication between the teacher, parent, and the child. Seeing the rapid growth of the communications and technology industry, it is no longer enough to simply rely on emails and paper-based communications. To facilitate this rapid change in modern modes of communication, we use a cloud-based application (available for Windows, iOS, and Android) which provides parents and guardians live updates about the progress of their child every step of the way.
With information available at your fingertips, it has never become easier to take an active role in your child’s journey of Hifz and Islamic upbringing.
Students will be prepared to become upright citizens who can:
1. Pursue advanced educational studies
2. Teach the art of Qur’anic memorization to children and adults
3. Lead the congregational Salah
4. Lead the Taraweeh prayers in Ramadan
5. Inculcate the Sunnah of the Prophet into their lives
6. Actively defend their beliefs outside of the classroom
The Hifz coursework is simultaneously completed with the student’s secular studies. CJIIS utilizes an online accredited schooling program* that fully engages all types of students. Academic instruction and guidance is provided by highly qualified and experienced online teachers under a system that targets and rectifies each student’s strengths and weaknesses, all while they are comfortably surrounded by an Islamic environment. Students are also overseen by a Learning Coach who provides the following services:
- Helps students organize the learning environment
- Ensures their day to day academic progress
- Ensures that the students are completing their academic courses promptly
- Uses provided instructional guides to help students make progress through daily lessons
- Uses online tools to help students log attendance and manage their schedules
- Communicates frequently with teachers in order to foster the students’ success
*The accredited schooling program requires a higher tuition. Non-accredited programs are also available for parents that are unable to afford the accredited program.
School Calendar Year
September 3, 2020 – July 2021*
*Exact dates will be posted soon, inshaaAllah
Mondays – Thursdays: 7:25 AM – 4:30 PM
Fridays: 7:25 AM – 12:30 PM
The cost of the Advanced Hifz Program is outlined below.
|*Payment for the Advanced Hifz Program may be made up front or in monthly installments for the duration of the program. Non-Tuition fees must be paid up front.
|Advanced Hifz Tuition (monthly-11 mos.)||$425
|Online Schooling (monthly)||$249 (Accredited Schooling) OR
$25 (Non-Accredited Schooling)
|Registration Fee (one-time)||$100
|Administrative Fee (one-time)||$100
|Planner & Islamic Textbooks (yearly)||$50
|Chromebook Rental (yearly)||$75
Central Jersey Institute of Islamic Sciences provides financial assistance for qualifying parents. If you are interested in receiving financial assistance, please email email@example.com.
- The applicant must be at least 9 years or must have completed the 3rd grade
- The applicant must not be above the age of 14 years.
- Brothers only.
- Ability to independently read the Qur’an.
Please note the following terms for each applicant:
- Upon acceptance, all required documentation must be submitted for enrollment
- Students must attend an in-person interview and evaluation by the instructor
- Students will be accepted upon approval from the Principal and Admissions Committee
- All parents and students are required to sign and abide by the CJIIS Parent-Student Handbook
- Students must select an online schooling program offered by CJIIS
- All non-tuition fees must be paid in full to complete enrollment
- Central Jersey Institute of Islamic Sciences Inc. reserves the right to accept or deny any applicant enrollment and is not obliged to provide an explanation for its decision
Requirements for graduation include:
1. Memorization of the entire Qur'an 2. Successfully completing the Hafiz certification exam 3. Knowledge and implementation of the rules of Tajweed 4. Knowledge of the introductory Fiqh of ‘Ibadah (Laws of Wudu', Salah, Imamat, etc.).
Credits earned from the Islamic Sciences portion of the Hifz Program may be used towards the Part-Time `Aalim program.*
*Details pertaining to earning credits for the `Alim Program are currently under review.
At this time, this program is only offered for boys.
Admission at CJIIS is based on a combination of the following:
- Past school performance (report cards)
- Teacher recommendations
- Successful student interview
Step 1: Applying
To apply at CJIIS, one must fill out the online application found here.
Step 2: Follow-up
After receiving the application, our admissions office will follow-up.
Step 3: Interview
After the application is received, you will be contacted regarding an in-person interview. The Admissions Committee performs a personal interview to determine whether an applicant will experience success at CJIIS.
Step 4: Mashawarah & Istikhara
Mashwarah (consultation) is done amongst the board and the Admissions Committee. Salatul Istikharah is performed once, or sometimes up to three or seven times regarding each student.
Step 5: Fees / Donation
If everything goes well and the family wishes to enroll their child at CJIIS, full payment will be due. An installment plan and/or financial aid is reserved only for those families who can demonstrate that they cannot afford the payment with the approval of the Admissions Committee.
Step 6: Records
After the completion of all these procedures, the applicant must ensure that CJIIS receives ALL prior school records, proof of legal residence, immunization records, and any other document requested by the Admissions Committee.