What is the `Alim Course?
The `Alim Course is a comprehensive study of the Islamic sciences, which allows students to go beyond the basics of Islam and begin their journey treading the path of the greatest men that ever walked on the face of the earth, the `Ulama'.
Allah Ta`ala says: "It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah." [Al-Fatir: 28]
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said, “The virtue of an `Alim over a pious worshipper is like the virtue I have over the lowest among you.” [Tirmidhi]
The curriculum will be posted soon, Insha' Allah.
Our beloved Prophet ﷺ has warned that one of the signs of the last day is the disappearance of knowledge and the spread of nescience. As we continue to drift further away from the times of our pious predecessors (al-salaf as-ṣāliḥ), the effort required to hold on to their legacy is even greater.
This `Ālim program immerses students into the world of traditional Islamic scholarship, passed down from generation to generation, beginning with our beloved Prophet ﷺ and his noble companions (may Allah be pleased with them). Along the way, students will form a deep connection with the language of the Qur’ān and learn to experience the message sent down from Allah Ta`ālā in a manner experienced by the scholars of the past.
Say, “Can those who know and those who do not know become equal?” It is only the people of understanding who are receptive of the advice. [Surah Az-Zumar (39): 9]
Courses are offered in a traditional environment with students receiving direct instruction from certified scholars. The coursework prepares students to become Imams, instructors of higher Islamic education, academic researchers and writers. Upon graduation*, students may also choose to pursue specialized studies in Islamic Law, Hadith, Tafseer, and many other sciences.
*Currently, CJIIS is offering the first two years of the full - time 'Alim program. If there is enough demand and resources, more years will be added, inshaaAllah.
The 'Alim coursework is simultaneously completed with the student’s secular studies. CJIIS utilizes an online accredited schooling program* that fully engages all types of students. Academic instruction and guidance is provided by highly qualified and experienced online teachers under a system that targets and rectifies each student’s strengths and weaknesses, all while they are comfortably surrounded by an Islamic environment. Students are also overseen by a Learning Coach who provides the following services:
- Helps students organize the learning environment
- Ensures their day to day academic progress
- Ensures that the students are completing their academic courses promptly
- Uses provided instructional guides to help students make progress through daily lessons
- Uses online tools to help students log attendance and manage their schedules
- Communicates frequently with teachers in order to foster the students’ success
*The accredited schooling program requires a higher tuition with scholarships available for eligible students. Non-accredited programs are also available for parents that are unable to afford the accredited program.
School Calendar Year
September 2020 - July 2021*
*Exact dates and year calendar will be posted soon, inshaaAllah
Mondays – Thursdays: 7:25 AM – 4:30 PM
Fridays: 7:25 AM – 12:30 PM
Somerset, NJ 08873
Our campus is currently located on a private property on Bennetts Lane, Somerset, NJ. Exact address will be provided to accepted students only.
In order to enroll into the Full -Time `Alim program from September 2020, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:*
- The applicant must be at least 13 years or must have completed the 7th grade
- Brothers only.
- Ability to independently read and write Arabic
Please note the following terms for each applicant:
- Upon acceptance, all required documentation must be submitted for enrollment
- Students must attend an in-person interview and evaluation by the instructor
- Students will be accepted upon approval from the Principal and Admissions Committee (after mashwarah and istikharah)
- All parents and students are required to sign and abide by the CJIIS Parent-Student Handbook
- Students must select an online schooling program offered by CJIIS
- All non-tuition fees must be paid in full to complete enrollment
- Central Jersey Institute of Islamic Sciences Inc. reserves the right to accept or deny any applicant enrollment and is not obliged to provide an explanation for its decision
At this time, this program is only offered for boys.
Admission at CJIIS is based on a combination of the following:
- Past school performance (report cards)
- Teacher recommendations
- Successful student interview
- Positive mashwarah & istikharah
Step 1: Applying
To apply at CJIIS, one must fill out the online application found here.
Step 2: Follow-up
After receiving the application, our admissions office will follow-up.
Step 3: Interview
After the application is received, you will be contacted regarding an in-person interview. The Admissions Committee performs a personal interview to determine whether an applicant will experience success at CJIIS.
Step 4: Mashawarah & Istikhara
Mashwarah (consultation) is done amongst the board and the Admissions Committee. Salatul Istikharah is performed once, or sometimes up to three or seven times regarding each student.
Step 5: Fees / Donation
If everything goes well and the family wishes to enroll their child at CJIIS, full payment will be due. An installment plan and/or financial aid is reserved only for those families who can demonstrate that they cannot afford the payment with the approval of the Admissions Committee.
Step 6: Records
After the completion of all these procedures, the applicant must ensure that CJIIS receives ALL prior school records, proof of legal residence, immunization records, and any other document requested by the Admissions Committee.