The impact of COVID-19
Hifz classes are best done in-person, face-to-face with the teacher. Unfortunately, due to the spread of COVID-19, we’ve all been forced to stay at home, even our precious students. Alhamdulillah, we are living in an era where we are still able to continue down the path of memorizing the Holy Qur’an.
While we hope to re-open in-person classes as soon as possible, remote classes will be our new Hifz platform for the time being.
What platform is used for the remote classes
At CJIIS, we utilize a mix between Zoom and Google Meet for our Hifz classes. What does that mean? It means exactly that; students will be using Zoom AND Google Meet simultaneously for their Hifz class.
Zoom is used as the main classroom area monitored by the Hifz teachers, and Google Meet is used as a separate room where each student can privately recite their lesson to the teacher.
Sounds complicated? Don’t worry. We train the students to work with both applications. You’ll be surprised at how quickly they’ll catch on!
Where do we download Zoom and Google Meet
Students that have rented a Chromebook from the school do not need to worry. Their Chromebooks come pre-installed with Zoom and Google Meet.
If you opted out of renting a Chromebook for the school (due to homeschooling), then you may download them from your device’s app store or simply use their web-based applications through their individual websites.
If you’re having trouble, feel free to contact us and we’ll help you set up.
Should we be aware of any rules
Yes! The students are still in school. All policies and rules that are still applicable online will be fully enforced during remote sessions as well. But just to make it easier, we thought we’d list the important ones for you:
- Students whose name is not recognized by the teachers will not be permitted to join the classes.
- The students must be kept in a room that is free from external distractions with their cameras turned on. Dialing in or only attending via a voice call will not be permitted.
- Parents, siblings, and any other members or non-members of the family are strictly not allowed in the area where the classes are taking place. However, students may leave the room during their snack and lunch breaks.
- Each student should be left with only ONE copy of the Qur’an in the room. Please move all the other copies to a different location.
- Students must adhere to the uniform policy during class timings, even though they are at home.
- Please keep a snack ready for the students for their snack time, and lunch ready for their lunchtime.
Parents are responsible for having the students complete their online schooling. Due to the remote classes, our level of monitoring will be highly limited.
Are remote classes used for anything else
Yes, they are. Remote classes are also used for the assigned evening Hifz sessions, makeup sessions, summer sessions, and during any days where the school is unable to accommodate the students at the Hifz campus.