Daily Dress Code
The guiding rule
The sunnah of the Prophet is the most important part of our lives, and the same goes for the uniform policy at CJIIS. The uniform must be in conformity with the rules and guidelines laid down by Allah Ta`ala and His blessed prophet .
What’s the uniform
To make this easier, we have listed some guidelines for the daily uniform:
- The clothing must include the following: A jubbah (also known as jalabiyyah and thawb) or traditional qamees, bottom-wear that is able to remain above the ankle (e.g., traditional shalwaar), and a topi (also known as a kufi), which is a white cap with no visor.
- All clothing must be white, including the topi.
- Socks may be of any color or variety.
- No clothing accessories are allowed except for a watch. Wristbands, headbands, necklaces, etc. are all disallowed.
- Digital accessories that fall under the definition of our “Prohibited Items” (under “Behavioral Policies”) are also not allowed.
Certain accessories may be allowed after receiving express permission from the school.
Parents who are having trouble finding any of the pieces of clothing above may contact the school for proper guidance in this matter.