Arrival, Dismissal, & Parking
How we can all be safe
Safety’s rule number one. Safety for the students, the staff, and you. To make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible, we’ve listed some simple rules to make arrivals and drop-offs safe for everyone:
- The car should come to a complete stop before the child enters or exits.
- Leave only after you’ve seen your child enter the school safely.
- Keep the speed at a maximum of 5-10 mph. (This doesn’t mean that up to 15 mph — or anywhere above 10 mph — is fine)
- Parents are not allowed into the school without prior authorization.
Where should I park
During arrival, parents may simply drop off their children near the entrance. If there is ever a need to park, parents may check the parking guide to see the available parking spaces.
REMINDER: The parking guide is available in the Google Classroom.
But here are just a few things to remember:
- Park (legally) first before leaving your vehicle.
- Do not block others.
- Keep an eye out for children and other pedestrians.
The one rule to remember; avoid doing anything that you would not like done to you.
What if procedures are not followed
Like any other incident or accident, those negligent will be held liable. What’s CJIIS’s responsibility? Neither CJIIS nor any of its personnel are responsible for any incidents happening outside in case protocols or procedures are not followed.